View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FizzyWater
Sober since 9th May 2008

I'm on day 23 and sleep has settled down now, sleeping really well, although it was day 5 ish before I got a good sleep and probably 2 weeks before I got any kind of pattern. What I suffered worst from was sleeping for half an hour to an hour and waking up shakey and covered in sweat.

I try and stay up until I'm really tired so that when I go to bed I hopefully fall asleep, hate laying in bed trying to sleep. Also put the radio on and listened to the chat on Radio 5 or talk sport in bed when it was really bad, didn't help me sleep but it took my mind of things.

I'm reading a different Allan Carr book " coping without alcohol ", wonder if its the same as your " no more hangovers ". What I find is helping me is having a few books on the go depending my mood. As well as that book I'm currently reading Peter Kay's book which is very funny and a Minnette Walters crime story. Also read Paul McGraths autobiography and the last Harry Potter book in the last 3 weeks. I quite often buy The Times as well as my normal SUN as theres always a lot of reading in it. Personally I find that reading different things takes my mind off the fact I'm not drinking.

Training for a Marathon is impressive, drinking can't have hurt your fitness too much then. One of the things I realise is that all the beer and sitting around has left me quite unfit. I play 5 a side football on a friday but thats about it, and up to 3 weeks ago I was always drinking as soon as I finished playing which probably negated any good it did me.

5's were cancelled last night and I decided to go for a run beside the river, I say run but anyone who saw me would say for most of it I was at no more than a brisk walk. Took the car to a quiet spot so not too many people saw me peching, don't know but probably did a couple of miles, not far but hopefully a step in the right direction, least it won't be 14 days with no excercise when I play footaball next week. Plan to maybe go out and do it again tomorrow but we'll see if I do or not when it comes to it.

Hope you get and stay well homeworker

Last edited by FizzyWater; 05-31-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: when I looked at it, a bit of it didn't make sense