Old 05-31-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
pjbs55

Rose,
When I went through my divorce I lost all my friends. My ex is a lawyer and he was theirs, so I lost everyone who I cared about. The worst was my friend who was my best friend for about 25 years, she was his accountant and did things in the divorced that hurt me. When I spoke to her I told her all she had to do was tell me and I would have understood. Since my divorced I have grown and have met some wonderful people, some I have walked away from for the reason we changed and had nothing in common anymore, some walked away from me. It hurt but I am learning that life goes on and hopefully new people will come into my life and things will get better.
You are doing things now to make new friends and start a new life and that is what your HP wants for you.
Try to stay in touch with your friend, cards or a call once in awhile, she might need you sooner rather than later. You will know how to treat her and what she is going through if she should ever leave him.
You are growing so much and it really is showing along with the shine of your recovery.
Hugs and prayers to you