Thread: anyone??
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jillybean

'My question is really, am I that horrible of a person to do this, seek emotional comfort elsewhere? Has anyone else been in the same boat and did the same?'

A horrible person no, human yes.

I think that exploring your motives behind the feelings may help sort out your choices and how you deal with them.

If you have fallen out of love, or mistakenly believed you were in love, which happens, then seeking that kind of connection is understandable. If the comfort you are seeking has hidden emotions such s anger and resentment, etc, behind it, unless they are dealt with and resolved it will most likely become issues in any future relationships.

IMO, it is best to take time to explore yourself before becoming involved immediately in successive relationships.

I am not judging you, I am asking if perhaps there is hurt and unresolved issues in your marraige that don't exist in the newness of a different relationship. For sure, It is a pleasure over pain question. BTDT
I have tried to ignore the wounds by substituting the newness because it felt better than the old hurts that may or may not be fixable.

Counseling is a great way to help sort things out.

From my experience, I would take things very slow and make as many informed decisions before you commit to anything. If you are unsure and you rush into something before you have worked on you and the relationship you aren't are sure that you really want or ever wanted in the first place, anything you do may have unwanted consequences.

Perhaps a separation while you think and work things through by yourself may be a good choice.

As we learn we grow. I have found that doing it the right way( though time consuming) is worth it to avoid the merry-go-round of the same mistakes we can often get stuck on repeating.

Good Luck!
Jilly