Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cleansing

I love Zyprexa because it makes sleep so easy and pleasant. It's not like Trazadone, which gave me this inebriated , sort of loss-of-control feel before I slept. That was very uncomfortable. Zyprexa just chills me out so I can sleep whenever I'm ready to call it a night. It also seems to keep me stablized during the day (I'm also on Depakote, Effexor, and Wellbutrin, they all help).

BUT, this weight gain is becoming a problem for me. Now that it's very noticeable, I want to extra fat gone. Which is why I am going to ask my psycdoc about going back on Seroquel. Seroquel seems to create weight gain for some people, but when I was on it before, I was not getting bigger. The two main reasons why I stopped taking the Seroquel were (1) I didn't want to be on so many meds -- I was on 6 meds in total at the time (2) It kicked up my gravings to use Alcohol and DXM.

Abilify is out of the question because I got real sick the three days I was on it.
Other anti-psychotics don't have the sedating effect that I need.

It's either Seroquel or Zyprexa. I have my appointment with my doctor at 1pm today, I'll mention all of this to him.

As for the thyroid, I just recently took a blood test, the results come in next week. Thyroid disease does run in my family though.