Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chino

Originally Posted by Abcdefgh View Post
After 6 weeks, her comment is that she didn't ask to go there and she will take care of herself when she gets out.
My daughter and I talked about this a couple of days ago. I insisted she detox a year ago but it wasn't willingly, and in hindsight it's no wonder she relapsed. I controlled her addiction a few days but then it was gone.

I don't regret it and I told my daughter that. I reminded her of every time she took a step toward recovery and mentioned how good it felt to be clean. That's why I don't regret it! It gave her a taste and maybe saved her to live to see this day.

It was a jump start for her but that's all and that's another reason I don't regret it... was a learning experience for me too. She had to own her addiction, not me, before she could get where she is right now, in rehab because she wants to be there.

I feel bad for your husband. He may or may not get his daughter back and who knows when, but this is going to sound rough... the little girl he once knew is gone. Especially since she's had issues from around 12. She might still be 12 emotionally, but there's other stuff in mixed in now and it's permanently a part of her.