View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

bigpoppa forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but it seems as though you are sailing on the river of denial!

I got out of the Air Force in 1982, at that time they diagnosed me with a "Tender Liver", they asked me about how much I and how often I drank and of course I lied!!!!

My liver remained tender and actually swollen up until September of 2006 when I finally quit. At that time I was diagnosed with a "fatty liver" which is a precursor to cirrosis of the liver.

I drank for 40 years, I had a few dry spells in there, but probably averaged about a case of beer a day mixed with any hard liquor that showed up.

That being said I know folks who got cirrosis of the liver drinking far less and for a far shorter time then I did.

There are a ton of people dead who drank far less then me, how I drank as much as I did with out serious long term damage??? I do not know. Of course even if I stay sober there are a ton of things health wise down the road that could very well pop up and cripple or kill me.

poppa I was just like you for many years, "Oh I will quit when it harms my health."

Do some research on what organs are damaged by alcohol, to save you a bit of time, every single organ inculding your skin and brain are damaged. Did you know there are forms of cancer that alcoholics can get?