View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lightseeker

Marle,

This doesn't sound small to me at all...it sounds huge. The light has been coming on in Megan's eyes now for awhile. She's seen it for sure from things that you have been recently writing. It just takes time and you have been a steady place in the storm. It sure shows in your recovery. You have really stepped back and lovingly allowed her to find her way but still were able to keep the lines of communication open so that she was able to reach out when she was ready. It's a long journey - this addiction stuff but she is definitely heading in the right direction. It's such a process. When you look at the stages of recovery that the addiction counselors talk about she's actually reaching the place where recovery can begin to occur. I've heard it can take years for them to admit that they even have a problem and that the drugs aren't working for them. I've seen that with RAH and it sounds like Megan is really reaching out and heading in that direction. My prayers are with all of you.

This is a memorable Memorial day! Take care of yourself and I hope that you are feeling better.