View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LovesmyHubby

Unhappy alcoholic husband!!!!!!

Hi all, i am new here. My name is brittany and i am 22 years old and live in colorado. My husband who i just got married to recently and have been with for about 16 months is a alcoholic. He is not the type that really has to drink everyday he is more of a binge drinker. When he drinks he knows no limits and not only that he treats me bad when he drinks. No hitting me but more of mental and verbal abuse. He got the problem from his mother who passed away 4 years ago, who was also a very heavy drinker and a very mean drunk. Me and geromy have split up once due to it, he then stayed sober for 8 weeks. but then slowly he started up again. he always tells me he promises he will stop drinking, hes done blah blah, but he never does. today he is telling me that he is not ready to stop. but at the same time beggin me not to go,. there are sometimes when he will just have a few beers because he know it will make me mad.... i threatened to leave him if he had one more drink and he said ok and was good for two weeks. went out yesterday and had a couple beers. like he doesnt even care if he looses me or not. i need advice, i dont think i am ready to leave him. he knows he has a problem and he doesnt want to be like that but he doesnt wanna quit?! please help me!!!!