View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DSodaNow

Thanks Everyone for your responses! My husband has been very supportive in helping out with additional things around the house. And it is good to hear that it is not a "sin" to want to spend time with him or my friends instead of a meeting anytime I have spare time. (Fortunately my friends do not drink for the most part!)

I do have a hard time communicating my feelings and setting boundaries. I am also working on my codependencing with my therapist while doing these steps. So maybe having an honest conversation with my sponsor is appropriate. I always want to live up to everyone's expectations. (At least my twisted version of what I think they are.) I think that is part of it. She has clearly laid out her expectations, which are one or more meetings everyday. But I think that in order for me to stay sane I need to talk to her. I have four meetings that I am commited to and always attend, and if she can be happy with me doing those plus any others my schedule always for I think I could feel better about it!

Again, thanks everyone. I am really grateful that I found this site.