View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
warrens

I have no doubt that you will prevail, my friend. And in doing so, will be of great help to all of us.

You do not wish to face the day after. You know what it will be like. You know that it will be so much worse than how you feel at present. You know that by drinking that you will trigger emotions so dark that it will be all that you can do to function.

You don't want that. You don't want to go to that very, very dark place. The one that takes everything you have and more to get out of.

You also know that this too shall pass. That by not drinking there is the great possibility that tomorrow can be your next great, fabulous day. If it isn't, so what? There's the next day.

But if you drink, you KNOW with certainty what tomorrow will be like. And the next day. And the next. There is no possibility that they will be good or even functional days. You know that they will be filled with shame, guilt, regret, and more.

But, if you remember today, and remember it as the day that you surrendered to serenity, the coming days will be filled with a sense of well being and accomplishment. You will gain from the pain. It is certain to fill your sails with a favorable wind. And your hands will be on the tiller.

We do not gain from our days without pain. It is sad but true. We only gain and make progress forward when we face the demon and choose not to fight. When we accept but refuse to engage.

Tomorrow is going to be a freakin' great day, my friend. Whether it rains or storms you will be filled with the sunshine of contentment with yourself. Another step climbed. That is too much to give up, is it not?

love,

warren