View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mistercm

Update : Hmmm. Kinda wondering

Well, Tuesday I get a call from my NAW, and she tells me that she is being "Kicked out" of the hospital. So, there we go; she would like me to talk to the doc and see what’s going on, since allegedly they won't tell her. (DRAMA) I called the doc and ask about her being released, the doc said that my NAW's liver is doing better, and they feel that she will be fine, they NOT "kicking her out" like she said, (of course recanted when it was mentioned). (MISTAKE ON MY PART) So now she wants me be her taxi cab, take a day off work, and drive her too all of these places, that the Doc said she doesn't need to go. I asked her how is she going to pay for all of these doc appointments, and she said to me "Well don't you have a stimulus check yet?) Well no I don't. Come to find out these weren't clinics that had to deal with her edema, liver, or Bi polar issues. These were *ahem* pain clinics. So she back on the track with the hydrocodone. I told her that I couldn't take a day off, I have non left, and that I didn't want to drive her all over Houston to hit pain clinics. Well I'm the bad guy AGAIN, and well I really don't care. I'm disappointed that she hasn't called about her children ever since we parted. She says they're so important to her but; she makes no effort on trying to see them, call them and talk to them, or even sends them a note or two letting them know she is thinking about them. Our daughters 4th birthday is coming up and I know she’s going to make a big dramatic moment about it. Our daughter is dreading to have her mother there. I wonder if the whole hospital thing was an attempt for her to get pain meds, while she was there she complained more about her back hurting than the edema or the pain in her stomach. I've done it; I broke three fingers by bashing my hand with a hammer, so I could get some pain meds at the ER.

Meanwhile my NAW is living with her mother at the church parsonage (SP?) And they are at each others throats constantly. I turn off the cell phone when they are together, because they will both be calling me constantly trying to get me to take care of them and their childish arguments. My NAW is not doing anything for her recovery or for her mental health. She knows she has calls to make, appointments to set, and she would rather me do it than her. Why should I take responsibility for it? I wish she would grow up!! This reminds me of "It’s the principle" argument we had about a month ago. I gave her money for a doc appointment, and she didn't go, so I asked for it back, but she wouldn't give it back to me, she said that she was keeping it because I didn't trust her. (MAKES NO SENSE, She used it for crack) Back then I didn't let it go, it kept on her and on her, trying to prove to myself and to her that "YES! YOU DID USE IF FOR CRACK! AAA HAAAA! I KNEW IT!!! “That never happened. And it made me so PO'D, the next day she gave me the cash back (all one dollar bills) and told me she kept it to prove she WASN'T using.

Where do I draw the line in actually helping her? I feel that every time she asks me for something I feel like I'm being manipulated into doing it. I'm not sure where that gray area is.