View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RJwantstolive
Starting over

Effexor seems to be the one that is rough to taper down from. In my case I had to reduce my schedule from 300mg per day to 150MG per day because something has changed with the medicine. I started getting hallucinations and feelings of doom and not being able to escape. As I tapered down this medicine gradually those symptoms subsided. I have been on Effexor for years and then a week or so after getting a new refill I start getting side effects.

How I did the tapering: I went for the first 3 weeks every 18 hours instead of 12 then the next 2 weeks every 24 hours then 1 week every 36 hours until I felt as if the pills were leaving me then I went back to every 24 hours and now I'm stabilized. These pills are red so I was originally taking half of what I was before which is the same exact dose as the pinks ones so this wasn't an issue of overdosing with the new pill refills, same dosage and schedule. A new mandate from the Gov says that nobody can have more than 60 pills per month.

All of this leads me to believe something has changed with the medication and I notified the doctor and nurses about this and it looks like my therapist and doctor are sort of confused about the situation themselves. They aren't sure why the effects I had experienced just started happening. I've been on Effexor for years.

Pills are a balancing act.