View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
kj3880

I have to say I've gotten something, however small, out of every one of the approx 60 meetings I've been to in the last couple of months. Sometimes it's just a hug that I get, but I really need hugs right now. I'm new to this thing, and sometimes on a really bad day, a meeting to look forward to keeps me hanging in there. I'm working on steps, I'm writing and thinking, but I do think I need to go to meetings. It's not the program, the steps are the program, but I couldn't work steps alone, and I don't know how to do it without the support of my bros and sis's in NA. And I meet those fellow addicts at NA. In addition, a meeting kind of gets me to focus on my recovery for at least one hour a day, something I desperately need to do right now in my busy life. Maybe when you finish the steps you become self-actualized and just go to meetings to reinforce what you already know, I don't know because I'm not there yet. But for new peoples, at least in my experience, going to a lot of meetings seems to be a very important part of staying clean.
KJ