Old 05-21-2008, 12:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
prodigal

When I read Tina Turner's autobiography some years ago, I was amazed at what she had when she walked away. Ike (her ex/dope addict husband) was hitting her in the limo as they were on their way to a hotel. She fought back - finally. She jumped out of the limo with only her purse. She had $20. She ran to the nearest hotel, told the front desk clerk she was Tina Turner, got a room for the night .... and things certainly turned around for her after she freed herself from Ike.

Six months ago, I sold my wedding ring set for $600 to a pawn broker. That set was appraised at a LOT OF MONEY. Hey, AH could go off the deep end when I leave, the house could end up in foreclosure ... who knows? None of this bothers me anymore. Heck, I don't care if I work until I drop dead just to survive. I am going to die, just like every single person on this board. And I ain't taking one doggone thing with me that I have acquired in this world when I go. Yeah, I miss my rings at times - they were pretty impressive and had lots of "bling." But they're not going with me!

I don't tell anyone here what to believe or not to believe. That is a personal decision each individual must make. I put my trust in God. As a Christian, I don't much care what I have or don't have. I figure I've always had food in my stomach and a roof over my head. I've been down lots of times, but I have NEVER been out .... and I've never gone without adequate housing, and the necessities of life.

God has NEVER welched on his promises. I'm commanded not to worry about what I shall wear or what I shall eat. It will be provided somehow. As far as I am personally concerned, what I lack in this life will be more than made up for in the next. Brings to mind the song I sang when I was pre-kindergarten, "Jesus loves me this I know, 'cause the Bible tells me so ..." JMO, mind you - I'm not here to tell people what spiritual path to follow. I'm just telling you what has gotten me through a lot of garbage ...