Thread: alconull
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by sever View Post
but dirnkign does not seem to affect my life negitivley - which leads me to believe that it's not a problem
We call that a "yet", as in it's not affecting your life in a negative way yet.

I had a good run with alcohol for 27 years, most of the time it seemed pretty fun. I ruined two marriages, lost a home and a couple dogs, and now I've got joint custody of two children that I love very much and miss dearly when we're not with each other. I drove around drunk with those kids every day and never killed them or anyone else. I never had a DUI or did any time in jail, and only had minimal medical complications from my drinking. But those were YETS, I've only got one life, I know without a doubt that God protected me as well as everyone I crossed paths with when I drank.

Am I an alcoholic? What I've learned is that normal people never ask themselves that question, there's no reason why it'd even cross their minds.

And one other thing that I share here often...... I didn't wake up one morning and feel that life was so good that a nightly AA meeting would make it even better. But I thank God every day that those meetings are freely available to anyone who wants recovery.

Welcome to SR sever, I hope you find your path in recovery.