View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
tejay92630

Originally Posted by wish he'd quit View Post
I am still having the "talk" with him every day about the alcohol. He still thinks that I made him quit and that he drinks because I dont keep a very good house.
Wow. Drinking because you don't keep a very good house? And I thought my AH was reaching when he said he drinks because he doesn't get enough sex. I explained to him he'd get more sex if he wasn't passed out, snoring loud enough to wake the dead, sweating beer out of his pours.

I actually went to the gym last night but still had a little bit of guilt gnawing at me and I watched the clock the whole time I was there. I guess old habits die hard. I did a full hour of cardio and went home feeling tired but good, with a clear head, until I was greeted with disdain by my AH. He was drinking water, by the way. So I guess yesterday was his Day 1 of sobriety.

He was mad at me because he was "tired of waiting" and said he was going to fix his dinner and didn't care when or if I ate. It was 5:40!!! I didn't take the bait for the argument, showered and went back downstairs and talked to him like all was fine. After about 15 minutes his mood lightened up a little but he went up to bed at 6:45. I went upstairs around 8:30 and he was still awake. First time in months he's been awake that late.

Should I be acknowledging that he's drinking water and not beer? I started to say something about it but I never know if he's going to take it wrong way and turn it into a big argument.

Thoughts anyone?????