Old 05-20-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by codeinewife View Post
I'm just wondering. Who has had experience with this....
I guess the question is, how far do their self-delusions take them? This far?
Hi,
I haven't posted much lately; I am almost 15 months into a divorce and settlement with my exh. Our stories are very similar. It is me that responded to your thread about NPD. I believe my ex also has a personality disorder.

To answer your questions, and I don't mean to be a bummer here, but my exh just keeps changing the rules anytime we get anywhere close to settling on our home. It is now sitting empty.

Last October, after tiring of listening to his whining about how it is his house and he should get to keep it (regardless of our almost 26-year marriage with three kids, one of whom is only 11), I decided to let it go. I had it appraised, took the appraisal and the mortgage papers to mediation, all the while thinking he was going to buy me out. The judge presented him with my equity and he said, "sell it".

It was supposed to go on the market on January 1, but he keeps finding reasons not to sign the listing agreement. Everytime I do something that will supposedly take care of his issues, he moves the bar. So I am not doing another thing, paying another bill, nothing, until he does what he says he will do. I have already moved out; he is still restrained from the property. It is a beautiful home and several people are waiting to look at it. He is trying to bankrupt me so I will take whatever crumbs he decides to throw at me. Not happening.

In a nutshell, I would go ahead and be looking for something, but be very careful about believing anything he says until it actually happens. I think it is their way of retaining (in their own minds) some sort of control over us.
Don't expect sane behavior from a man with a personality disorder, or an addict. Their brains are not wired right.....