Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
navysteve

I think you need a new sponsor. She showed you the measure of her spirituality by her attitude. I do not do anniversarries myself. I do get coins and do let people know how long "WE" have been sober. I find them to be more about back patting than recovery, the worst type of anniversaries are the one from people who do not go to meetings except for their accomplishment. I personally have many spiritual beliefs which do not fit into what alot of people in AA believe, I am curious as to why you feel that yours are so different that you cannot attend meetings? If you believe AA is not for you, then I understand, but if you think that you are an alcoholic then I hope you reconsider. I quit meetings for almost 7 years. I found that I was selling myself short. If you have spiritual beliefs which are not mainstream, then there will probably be others coming behind you. YOu can show them how you stay sober where others may not be able to. I have met many in AA who had different beliefs, from agnostic, Wiccan, to fundamentalist Christian. Ther realm of the spirit is open to all.