View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
prodigal

Originally Posted by hadenoughnow View Post
Today he calls and informs me that he is buying a motorcycle (um ok nice, who cares) BUT his credit is not so good (shocking huh) and WOULD YOU CO-SIGN THE LOAN FOR ME.
(((hadenough))), it is hard - and pretty doggone amazing, no less - to swallow their audacity, isn't it? When people do this, it tells me they no longer have any conscience, sense of right-and-wrong, and no pride. They don't even realize they don't deserve to just have things given to them by virtue of asking.

Actually NO COMMON SENSE is what it boils down to. And we all know you cannot make any sense out of an addict who is active.

Our recovery? Not to get our shorts in a knot. Not to say, "How DARE you have the NERVE to make such a request!" And to realize that an addict, is an addict, is an addict. We have to detach our emotions from their whole doggone mess. I was able to do so when I started tending to my own personal messes and leaving any mess my AH had on his side of the street.

Sad, but true. They lose all sense of propriety and any sense of balance as to what is right and wrong. It's no longer about anyone else. As far as they are concerned, it all boils down to, "ME, ME, ME."

The upside about their addiction, and its subsequent behaviors being about nobody else, is that we can have peace knowing their drinking and/or drugging has NOTHING to do with us!