Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serenity8

Truly worried for the first time in a long time

My AH started a rehab two weeks ago. He goes after work on M,T, Th 7-10 PM, about 15 minutes away from our house.

My kids just woke me up, and it is after 4 AM and he isn't home yet. Now, if it were any other day I wouldn't think twice about it because he has a habit of falling asleep on the bus when he "works late" and missing his stop. But when he leaves work at 5 PM to get to the rehab at 7 PM, he wouldn't be out this late.

I had been so good at detaching that I stopped worrying. I would get pissed, yes, but I wouldn't worry because he usually showed up.

But this time is different. He isn't answering his cell. Or calling me back a few minutes after I've called him. Something in my gut is telling me this time is different. I feel like I have icewater in my veins right now.

I know there is nothing I can do but turn it over to my Higher Power. Both my little ones (5 and 3 years old) are in my bed right now so I need to go lay down with them and act like it is all fine and go back to sleep.

But at what point do I start backtracking on yesterday and get the authorities involved? The last time I spoke to him was at 4 PM, we called him at work to tell him about a picture my daughter drew at school (of the two of them).

OK, off to pray some more to accept His will and to hopefully go to sleep...