Thread: Meetings
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lily
*Grateful*

I LOVE meetings and I love to reach out and help other women. I always have. I may only have 4 months clean but I have a gal w/ 21 days clean and her 2 kids coming over tomorrow to meet our cows.

I am kinda bummed though about ppl disappearing. We had a guy w/ 62 days who has been very faithful at meetings disappear about 10 days ago. :-( we have all tried to call him and his cell is disconnected. I see his face every time we have our moment of silence.

I think though that there is risk involved in loving other ppl. Given the chance again, I would have still opened up to him. I went on a 3 hr each way ride w/ him to a speaker meeting with a car load of us a month or so ago. We rode in the back together and shared w/ each other.... about our spouses, kids, etc. Gosh i hope he comes back and doesn't die..... His name was Jim.

The only thing that helps Sheila when Sheila is down is getting out of Sheila. The only way I can get out of Sheila is to quit focusing on Sheila and focus on others in a helpful way.

Focusing and helping others helps us in soooo many ways. It relieves our insecurities...(we aren't thinking of self) It boosts our mood. It brightens our day! I am convinced I do not have to have years and years clean to come along side a newcomer and befriend them. It changes me for the better.

Good post KJ!

Sheila