View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
whatnow2

Thank you for your replies.

I did follow through with this boundary the first time I made her leave our home. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I cried every night for a long time, praying she was ok. So she knows I will make her leave.

I think what I'm struggling with the most is what I've learned from Alanon and SR is that I can not make her get help. Even if she got help because I made her, she may just go through the motions. I want her to want to get better but I can't make her want to get better.

I think for now, I will change my boundaries to be that I don't want her illness to effect the rest of the family in any way(I have 3 other children). I will tell her she must clean up after herself(I know this is a given) and I don't want any one in our family to hear or see her unhealthy behavior. And for now, hope she gets help. We have taken every thing away from her. She is not insured by us so can't drive our cars and she has her own cell phone which she pays for. She is responsible for ALL of her bills including health insurance as of June. If she gets into a situation she can not afford she will suffer the consequences.

I am prepared that this living arrangement my not work, we'll see how it goes and I'll keep praying.