View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hadenoughnow

Just when I think I have heard it all

I filed for divorce from my SBTXAH back in Jan, the papers are signed and it will be final in july. He moved out in feb and I have made it crystal clear to him that he is NEVER coming back. All of our finances are separate except for a couple of things that will get taken care of soon (cell phone and car ins). For the past few days he has been nice and chatty when he calls to talk to our son so I knew he was up to something (so sad that I know he is never nice unless he wants something).

Today he calls and informs me that he is buying a motorcycle (um ok nice, who cares) BUT his credit is not so good (shocking huh) and WOULD YOU CO-SIGN THE LOAN FOR ME.

Now in order to understand why this takes the cake for the past 5-6 years I have not only refused to pay off any more cc bills for him, I would not allow him to buy any "toys" because he was taking layoff from work 6 months a year and I was tired of getting stuck paying for his crap.

I didn't yell or scream or freak out, I simply told him "no way" and reminded him that I would not assume any responsibility for his debts when we were together I certainly was not going to sign up now.

Then my son tells me that his dad just got a new "gold card". You know I thought that he would at least wait until the ink was dry to start self destructing financially.

I am just glad that it's not my problem any more.