View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Trish)))

I can totally understand about catching on slow to the "keep it simple". I still forget, sometimes.

A couple weeks ago, I had a situation come up over a lot of unpaid tickets I haven't taken care of in the town I used to live (and use) in. The newspaper said they were locking people up. I panicked. I e-mail a good friend from here, sent her an "oh sh!t" e-mail, and her first response was "breathe....it's not like they're knocking on your door".

Wow...she was right. I took a few deep breaths, did a little more research, talked to my lawyer and a few other friends and figured out what to do. The tickets were a lot less than what I thought, though $1600 is still a lot. But because of my friend reminding me to BREATHE and stop thinking about the worst-case scenario, I am going to be able to pay off the tickets. I'll be broke for a while, but this is one more consequence being resolved.

We still have to think sometimes, but I need reminders to think about stuff realistically...not jumping ahead of myself. The good thing is, with 14 months of recovery under my belt, using wasn't an option or even a thought. THAT is worth it's weight in gold!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy