View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whatnow2

Boundary Crossed

My 19yo daughter is not an A (as far as I know, she has had binges) she is deifnitely bulimic. She's been back home after being kicked out for 6 months after agreeing to my boundaries, one of which was if she still had an eating disorder, she would get treatment. She's only been home for 5 days and I just found an entire container of cheesecake bites gone and vomit on the toilet seat. Doesn't take a genius to know what happened.

I'm really bummed, but honestly not surprised. I was really hoping it would be different. We have cut off all financial assistance to her. We had paid her school, insurance and bought a new car(I sold mine and now drive hers). We are now providing just a roof over her head and obviously food.

So now what? She's gone tonight, but do I say tomorrow, "Where would you like to get treatment?" Her insurance expires end of June since she dropped out of school. I know this is the forum for families of A's, but this is also an addictive disease. It has just as many horrible side effects for the sufferer's health. In extreme cases it could lead to death. I don't know if I should just tell her to clean up her mess in the bathroom and give her one more chance or play hardball. Well I'm going to run to an Alanon meeting right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated!