Thread: Meetings
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kj3880

Meetings

How many people who come on here go to live meetings? I'm just curious. Live meetings make all the difference to me. I want to encourage everyone to really try to get to a live meeting, like today. This forum is great, a lifeline for me during the day, but if that's what you're relying on, I think it isn't enough, at least for me. The meeting last night inspired me. Those of you who've been following my many posts know I've had a hard time reaching out at meetings for help. A person with some clean time yesterday shared that he has a hard time reaching out to newcomers because he's reached out to many and only a few of them have made it. He's a little discouraged with the success rate. That helped me understand a lot of why some people have waited to try to get to know me, or to ask me to join the group after meetings to eat and such. Some of them were waiting to see if I would stick around a while so they didn't get hurt. I feel better knowing it wasn't personal. And now that they've started asking me, it makes me feel like a survivor. I hope I have courage to reach out to newcomers a year from now, and not to worry if they will make it or not. It might make all the difference to someone if I can make them feel welcome.
kj:ghug2

Last edited by kj3880; 05-15-2008 at 01:52 PM.