View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
I think you're thinking too hard.
I just read Dougs thread on motivation and dint want to hijack his thread. SO I am bumping mine.
Because GP's (glass Prisoner) response to Doug brought pinkcuda's response to mine to light.
Like a big smack to the forehead.
Again..Like I said..It is so simple sometimes.

GP"s response was When he over anylyzed he drank more.

Makes total sense to me. As always GP has that touch to get the point across in so little words. I miss him being around so much.

Anyway..When I first found recovery last year. It was so over whelming and confusing.
Nothing made sense. That mixed with I know a better way attitude. Made for disaster.
I think back now and see that me trying to make complete sense out of every little thing just made it more complicated and frustrating. Then which alot of times led me to say forget this. And go get high just from pure aggravation of trying to make sense of it all.
Very slowly I started to listen to what people were saying. Not just hear them. But listen! There's a difference.
Take away the hardheaded , I know more than you attitude and you got a formula at a chance.

I guess what I am saying is. Thinking too hard sometimes is probably the worst thing you can do.
Definately overanylyzing is definately not going to do anything except drive you crazy.
Keep it simple...Oh..Thats what that means.
I guess this also proves..I catch on pretty slow.
Thats Ok.. I do eventually.