View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(mama always said actions speak louder than words)
My mother alway's told me this too and finally one day I actually heard her!

Freedom-
Thank you so much for pointing that out. I too have seen far too many people stay in it for the 'sake of the kids'. Children learn what they see.
Being a child that grew up with an A father (who cheated on my mom in our own home, my sister found him in bed with another woman) a mom who had a mental illness and drank among 3 A brother's, a drug addicted brother.......I can say that growing up things never felt right- I always looked at other familys/friends and said wow I want to be them. "that is so cool that they go shopping together" or whatever have you! I want a Mom and Dad like that!

My parents divorced and I then had to deal with 4 ADULT CHILDREN..it was a battle ground and my youngest brother (step) and I were the pawns! I sat down with my youngest brother about 5 years ago on my family room floor as he came to visit and we both cried as we said "Wow it is like we are looking in a mirror" we both felt the same way and both were told things that were just so out of this world that should just not be done or said to children! We both are much better today as we have begun our new journeys! He has two beautiful son's and loves them with all his heart.....I have forgiven my father (God rest his soul) and my mother today and grateful that I have. I have the life I always wanted because I gave it to myself-My mother has been sober for over 20 years and today life is good!

Please take care of yourself and your children-you state that you "find yourself wanting and wanting to start over" if this is really what you feel then when the time is right IMHO we always will do what we need for ourselves Prayers and blessings to you!