View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by miss communicat View Post
labels are our way of being stuck in "either-or", "black/white" thinking, a way for us to feel "certain" in a world filled with uncertainty.

This is our spiritual work, to grow beyond the need to label and assign certain attributes to others, and to accept them as they are while continuing to love ourselves, secure in the faith that everything will be alright

This is our spiritual work, to put down that glaring magnifying glass and pick up the mirror.
I cannot add much to this or others that posted above-other than when I started to focus on me and not why my A was this or that, life became easier!

It takes time but it is well worth it when we "pick up that mirror" I hated what I saw at first but day by day I have learned to love what I see when I look in the mirror! Wasting energy on trying to figure out what is wrong with others, is just that a waste of MY energy. It is too precious!

I did the same thing in the start of my recovery....read and read and when I realized that I was trying to figure out what, why, how he could being doing this to ME.....I finally realized it is not about him it is about ME! Breathe you will get there in your own time!