View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Teggie

Where do you draw the line?

I've been married for 8 years, hubby confided he used to drink before we met. He had tried AA before in the past but none in years. He hasn't drank at all in the 8 years we've been together except for one time 4 years ago I found out and left him for 6 weeks.

My hubby has a bad back & neck, he's had one surgery and now needs another. I know that he has chronic pain. According to him he has constant pain & is never totally pain free. He's been given Vicoden in the past and can't regulate how much he takes, he will blow through them & then wonder where they went. Same thing with muscle relaxers. But he is always in "pain" and the "pain" never goes away.

So his doc puts him on Lyrica and Cymbalta & gives him a set monthly supply of Vicoden. He also adds a antiinflammatory drug also. He still has the muscle relaxers from his previous doc that he will take whenever his Vicoden runs out.

I can tell when the muscle relaxers are in use because he face looks like it will slide off his skull. The Vicoden just makes his pupils pinpoint.

Recently I got upset when I found out he & a neighbor will give each other meds when they are low, I was pissed and told him not only is that wrong, it's illegal. I also question some of the guys that come around, I just don't like the looks of them.

He says I am paranoid and act psychotic, it's true I just quit smoking and was on Chantix for a couple of weeks and had mood swings. But I stopped taking that 2 weeks ago. He says I am over reacting

I am constantly pissed off, he comes in doped up on meds, at least it looks like it to me, but tells me it's because of the "pain" He sees nothing wrong with sharing meds with the neighbor. I don't like some of the dudes that come over. I told him to tell one I don't want to see him around here again. There are 3 children that live here, I will not have them put into danger.

Quite honestly I don't know what to do, according to him there is no problem. No narc anon or al anon close by me. Although I do still have my al anon books.

I'm lost,
Teggie