View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 01:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SugarLily

I'm not offended by your question. But the question itself makes the whole thing sound so simple and easy. Things are not so simple and easy when feelings are involved.

I wasn't married to my ex. We did have a house together - we still do, the stress of wondering what to do with it is making me lose sleep. Joint financial commitments, missed mortgage payments, I couldn't sort that on my own.

I still swear to my friends that "without the house I would have walked a LONG time ago...." but I'm starting to wonder whether I really would have.

This is a man I fell in love with, he obviously had redeeming traits as I would never have fallen for him to begin with, he was tender, loving, funny...

Then his drinking deepened and he turned into an abusive stranger. But I swore that that person is NOT him, it can't be.

I'd invested so deeply in this relationship, I'd invested time, love and money. I wanted to prove somehow I hadn't failed.

I still remember buying our house, the pair of us were both so full of hope with plans for the future. That still tears me up.