View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by Ragazza Miele View Post
I check in everyday to get my daily dose of SR. I need it, I breathe it, you all have taught me so much here. But everyday whenever I read a thread with someone posting their situation and/or asking for advice, this is the clincher for me - if it is NOT an AH, but rather an ABF, in other words, they are not legally tied to this person as of yet, the thought that immediately crosses my mind pleading to that poster is RUN, JUST RUN BEFORE YOU GET YOUR LIFE ENTANGLED IN THIS ALCOHOLIC ROLLERCOASTER OF A MESS!!!
Yeah, if it were that easy. Problem is, a lot of us were programmed-basically-to seek out those types of relationships, the kind that mimic our relationships with our alcoholic parent(s). And what kind of excuse is 'legal entanglement' anyways? I could understand a spouse staying with an alcoholic because that person is the financial provider and maybe children are involved, but if you look at it, much better for the kids to suffer a little because of poverty than to suffer the neglect of the active alcoholic. And it seems that far more often than not the alcoholic is the financially irresponsible party in these marital relationships. Yeah, if it were only that easy.....