Old 05-08-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

I really can't get AH to the dr., and even if I did, it wouldn't do any good. If a dr. telling him 6 mos to a year doesn't make a difference to him, I doubt anything would. Laurie, I read those sites, and my husband does have severe spider veins (purple and red) all over his face, his whole face is mostly that (no exaggeration), his eyes are swollen and puffy and he also was just recently (after echocardiogram) diagnosed with left ventricular hypertrophy, which the dr. said he would go over with him in a few weeks. I asked dr. if that could come from drinking, he said he didn't think so (but dr. didn't seem concerned). His stomach is big, can't tell whether it's a beer belly or liver disease. It's so sad that alcohol can totally trick a person into believing that they will not die this horrible death.
As for those VA wards, I don't get it - you mean once you pass a certain point, you can't stop drinking???? You mean after a certain point, there is no help???? If so, I really think my AH is there.