View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ragazza Miele

Feel Free to Set Me Straight If Needed

I check in everyday to get my daily dose of SR. I need it, I breathe it, you all have taught me so much here. But everyday whenever I read a thread with someone posting their situation and/or asking for advice, this is the clincher for me - if it is NOT an AH, but rather an ABF, in other words, they are not legally tied to this person as of yet, the thought that immediately crosses my mind pleading to that poster is RUN, JUST RUN BEFORE YOU GET YOUR LIFE ENTANGLED IN THIS ALCOHOLIC ROLLERCOASTER OF A MESS!!! I know that is not fair to the disease, but after spending 20-plus years in it and affecting me & mine around me, I can't help but think that while you still can save yourself and have the opportunity to get out, it's the best thing to do for your life. Part of the Recovery is for you to take care of your ownself, your own needs first. So is this a selfish thought I have, or is it fair to yourself to just get out while the getting's good. This alcoholic lifestyle with my XAH nearly ruined me inside. I swear, it made me just as sick or sicker than him. If I could have looked into the future and saw what was coming, I would have never entered into it - I can promise you that. I hope I haven't offended anybody. Any and all comments welcome.