View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Cathy31
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Originally Posted by Sheila77 View Post
Since I know there is no way this could happen, guess i won't entertain the idea any more tonight.

Sheila
Hey Sheila
This is exactly the point I got to soon after thinking about this in my car...my mind of course started the what if thing and I was able to say to myself you know what, Cath - it does you know good to even hypothetically consider a loophole - there is none. You use you die. You have a beautiful life. Don't open up a way for your addict mind to start thinking of scenarios to justify/not justify.

What I got from this thread is that many of us treasure our clean time/sobriety (and that includes the kind of people we have become, our relationship with our HP) above any artificial high/escape and that's real recovery IMHO.

Just for today I have no desire to use alcohol or drugs through the grace of my HP.

Cathy31
x

PS Paulie - I'm so impressed with your dedication to the wonderful world of exercise -and treadmill no less, the hardest piece of equipment!! I've got seriously into exercise in recovery but BOY is it hard work - now just to deal with the sugar obsession and I'll be as thin as a pin!