View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mo

Just Tired

Thank you. Very comforting.I have always struggled with Christmas (as many others).

I just never get real excited about it and I wish it were different in some ways. I guess one reason is because I never really had any extended family to celebrate with and so our kids never had the aunts, uncles, cousins either.

I was raised in a children's home and my husband was pretty much left to run the streets at an early age. .we had to develop our own traditions. Than. .we both worked (he is retired now) as nurses. .now when you are a nurse you work holidays all the time. so in our family we were use to having holdays celebrated on another day when everyone was off work.

This year I donated our artificial tree to the hospital I work at (I bought it in a spur of the moment) cause we have always had real trees in our family with our youngest son (who is serving 5-10 years in state prison. .he was 19 when he did the dumbest thing ever. .)) picking it out. .My plan is to get a small real tree this year . .again. .

Christmas is also more of a religious holiday in our family so that helps keep the focus for us. I have really been reflecting on the scripture passage Phillipians 4:4. .It really has been helping me when I get in the panic mode.

Thanks Just Tired for your faithfulness to Soberrecovery. .and all the comfort and support you have given me over the years. (Wow. .it has been years!!)

Blessings Mo