View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hmbld

Originally Posted by Shivaya View Post
Thank you so very much for this post tonight.....It is so great to hear how life can become more joyful when 2 people in a relationship are working on their "issues", and moving forward!

Yeah!!! For you and your family!!!!

Shivaya
We've not actually broached our combined issues. Not nearly ready for that. I get told often that we need to do couples counseling, but I'm really just not ready for that. At this point, it would do more harm than good, rubbing salt into open wounds and such. We're just in the initial stages of trying to be kind and respectful of each other. I'd probably tear his face off if I had to sit through a therapy session and have him say anything remotely negative about me. lol BUT, it is on the plate for the future. I'm addressing my faults on my own at the moment and he's doing the same I guess. I don't pry into his dealings with himself.

All I know is that things seem to be falling in to place, and my kids are happy. It's been a long hard freakin road, and we're still at mile marker one, but I like myself more, and am pleased with how I'm actually being able to change my mindset from being a know it all, control freak, to being someone who can step back and put great thought and positive action towards changing what isn't working in my life.

If I can do it ANYONE can and I think everyone on here will, in their own time, find their peace and happy place in life. I am grateful for the misery as well, because I'd truly not appreciate the calm in my life if it weren't for the craptastic hell I've lived through for so many years. Know what I'm saying?