View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
yogurt75

I didn't see any personal attacks. If anyone was referring to my inquiry regarding a point of semantics as to drug related terminology, it was just a request for clarification. I also did not dismiss an entire, valid response with a one word put-down.

Calling a substance with valid medical uses "the devil" negates personal responsibility in the illicit use of said substance. Support and hope is not tantamount to accepting responses antithetic to actual support and hope. Supporting someone does not mean that we accept something they do which is negative just under the guise of not wanting to offend. Support sometimes means that practicing rigorous honesty may help save someone's life. Sometimes a person with dementia needs to be placed in an assisted living facility as support despite their protestations. Or, rather than offend, should we let them just roam the streets?

Just a reminder - censorship does not equal support either. Censorship does not offer hope that people have the freedom to share honestly and openly. Silence = death