View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bryant633

I respect NA, AA, CA, GA, CODA, afkdl;A, RationalRecovery, Moderation Management, Dialectal Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Treatment Centers, Religion, Psychiatry and medical attention. All of these programs have worked for someone somewhere. I am in no place to rank or rate any of these programs, it is up to the individual seeking help to find what works for them.

As a member of NA, I get frustrated by programs and people that denounce 12-Step programs. There seems to be this large group of people, only on the internet, that have somehow been wronged by a Fellowship and now they have to tell the world what a scam it is and why it will hurt them. I hear these other programs have an opinion about our Fellowship, and I take solace in the fact that we have no opinion on them. We neither endorse or oppose any outside organization. We are not in competition, and it seems that we are sometimes drawn into a fight. 12-Step recovery fellowships have been growing, with more and more people finding recovery in our rooms. That doesn't work for everyone, and that is ok too.

Look, whatever someone needs to do to help them grow, so be it. If someone needs to talk **** about a Fellowship that has saved lives, well, I hope they find what it is they are looking for.

The NA World Service Conference is being held this week in California, with delegates from all over the world in attendance. One of the issues discussed was how to get H&I into nursing homes. Our members are growing old.