View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
patchoulli

yes...my father was raised by an alcoholic father with all that goes with it[guns,abuse,no money]. He left my mom for another woman when I was 7 and the oldest of 4 children. At that time I believe, and my mom confirms, that he was a very light social drinker. We didnt have much to do with him growing up, he didn't bother and after all the abuse, we thought living in a basement apt with 5 people was heaven on earth. When I was about 21 he contacted me and my girls and I went to visit him[I was in the process of divorcing my alcoholic husband]...my father was drinkin...a lot. Years would go by and he would call, I would visit him every few years [never trusting him or leaving him alone with my girls], and he was always drinking...He was full blown at about 50...He died of his disease at the age of 67. I was married to an alcoholic at 18, remarried to another one at 36. My fiancee died of a drug overdose a year ago...this site has been calling me...thanks for asking the question and for being here..