View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

Crisco,

Your post kind of feels like you are talking when you should be listening. Like you want to find a reason that things won't work - that you are FORCED to move, rather than work the program. Moving looks like a big huge distraction.

AA doesn't demand that you believe in a diety in the Christian sense. The belief that it does is one of those "too much talking, not enough listening" things.

I don't believe in that kind of diety. What I cannot deny is that there is a lifeforce in nature and in human beings that is mysterious and powerful. We do not understand it, it is a mystery above all else. I would never pretend to understand how or why it exists. Or how or why it manifests in us. It's just a fact. Seeds bloom. Hearts beat.

There is talk about God in AA but all I do is take that word God and think about it as that mysterious and absolutely undeniable life-force that surrounds us every day. And although my sponsor is a Christian, we can agree that we talk essentially about the same thing. Her God just has features that help her relate to Him, whereas my God is primarily a mystery.

Good luck to you. I'm glad you're still posting here. I know you've been struggling and I've been wondering about you. Hang in there.