View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pajarito

Originally Posted by LostGuy View Post
She felt it was cultish.
Interesting choice of words. My AH says the same thing- about al-anon. He's told me I've been indoctrinated. (whatever)

Welcome. I am dealing with the same issue- emotional infidelity. It's hard. My struggle has been in trying to reconcile the idea that a man who is intelligent is also sick. My therapist and I talked about it this week. His sickness in no way excuses his crappy behavior. He doesn't get a pass. He's an adult, he made bad choices while under the influence and while sober. He can choose to be responsible to our marriage, but he has not. I can choose to respect myself enough to let him be who he is. In doing that I am divorcing him. I cannot live with a man who does not respect me or our marriage. I lived with his bad behavior for too long. And I'm not going to continue to try to figure out why he's done what he has. My job now is to figure out why I chose to live with his crap. I hope you will stick around. This board has really been a source of strength. (((((Take care)))))