View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LostGuy

New Here - Thank You

I just found this board last night. It is wonderful to find people who understand what I have been through. I am in the middle of a divorce of my alcoholic wife of ten years.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was that she cheated on me with my friend. The thing that I will never understand is, she had been sober for eight months when it happened. I stood by her for over nine years while she was in and out of the hospital and jobs, put up with her verbal abuse and her missing important family events, you all know the story. This is probably the only thing that could have made me leave. I think it would have been so much easier for me to take if she had been drinking when she cheated!!! But as far as I know and believe, she never cheated for all that time when she was drunk every night. But when she gets sober, this is how she thanks me for standing by her all this time??? I mean, not that I was a perfect husband or anything, but I think I deserved better than this. I truly loved her, and she says she loves me. I will never understand.

Thanks for being here and letting me vent.