View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((omm))

Sounds like you have been working hard on taking care of you, your children and trying to focus on the Next Right Thing in your life. Congratulations on those accomplishments - those are wonderful things for you and your family.

I can also understand the thoughts of wanting to reach out to the A, want to contact them and talk to them, etc.
Before I do this, I try to ask myself these questions (maybe this may help you)

What do I hope to gain by contacting __________?
Has _________ shown any signs of changing thier addict behaviors?
Why do I think this time will be different from all the other times?
Am I willing to give up everything I have worked for to go back to the way I lived before?
Why do I believe I have to "try" to make __________ love me and the children?
Don't I deserve respect and dignity so that I don't have to beg __________ to come home to provide financial and emotional support for me?

I know these are not easy questions - they are so very tough for me and I continue with the internal battle for my self-esteem and self-worth that I deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

I also know that by allowing giving myself this respect & dignity, I am also showing respect & dignity to the A's in my life. The respect & dignity for them to make their own choices and for me to make mine.

There is no timeframe on healing thru this process - please be gentle with yourself, allow yourself time to heal.

Wishing you Serenity, Joy and Healing,
Rita