View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by eddison View Post
I know if he still wants to go out with those friends it will destroy me. I will be mad and worried all the time. IS it reasonable to demand he drop these 2 particular friends? I want nothing more that to call the creeps right now. I'd like to wait til the next time they come over, pull it out of the box, ask which one got it for him, and tell them to get the heck out of my house and never come back. I am so angry. We welcome them in our house for a get together regularly every other weekend and they are helping the love of my life become even more sick with addiction!

I can totally relate to how you would feel angry at his friends, but the truth of the matter is "you can't blame them .. He is his own person and and accountable for his own actions. No one is holding a gun to his head making him purchase or take drugs. Eliminating his friends will not eliminate the fact that he has an addiction. The problem lies within him and him alone... and unless he wants to deal with the problem and seek recovery for himself .. nothing in the world will stop him from using.

More then likely they are addicts themselves .. (birds of a feather flock together. If he hangs out with them ... it is because he wants to. They might condon it, get high with him but they are not responsible for his addiction.

As for the fact that he has taken vicodine and now you find oxycontins would strongly suggest that he has an opiate addiction and the "satchels" of a tan substance sounds like heroin to me. As a recovering addict sounds like to me that he is in pretty deep.

Passion