View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Welcome Eddison,
I hate so much that you have been affected by someone's addiction, but I am glad that you are reaching out for help.

For me, I have found that is the only way that I can start to heal from all the ways that I have been affected by this disease. Like others have said, unless the person who has a problem with alcohol, drugs, etc. seeks help thru some type of recovery program the progression is a downward spiral. Usually it takes everyone and everything around it into that deep and dark place.

But there is hope - hope for you and hope for him. My experience has been that the absolutely best that I could do in my situation was to find a way to seek recovery for myself and to let my loved ones find a way to seek recovery for themselves.

I found my thru attending Al-Anon meetings, reading recovery literature, taking with other recovery people (thru the phone and on SR) and establishing a wonderful relationship with the God of my understanding.

I pray you continue to reach out for help - read the many different stickies, post and ask questions - the support, experience and unconditional love given here is crucial to my recovery.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita