View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, eddison, I'm glad you found us. Take a good read around and you'll see that addiction is a progressive disease that gets worse over time, unless they lay off all drugs and find a recovery program that sets them on a better path.

I don't know what you found, but I think we both know it's drugs of one kind or another, and it really doesn't matter what drug it is. A drug is a drug is a drug.

Only you can decide how long you want to live this life of not knowing, or suspecting (and deep down you do "know") and only you can decide how and when you want things to change. You can't change him, but you can change yourself and find a healthier, more balanced way to live.

If you haven't been to any Alanon, Naranon or CoDA meetings, do yourself the biggest favour you will ever do and get to several. I promise you that you'll be glad you did.

Recovery here is about us, because we can't control their using or recovery. But we can find a better way to live in peace and happiness...regardless of how they are doing and regardless of whether we stay or go.

Make yourself comfortable and know that you are among friends here who truly understand. We've all walked in your shoes and today we walk a better path, side by side, helping each other to help ourselves.

Hugs