Old 04-14-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Embarassed of being sober? For me I was not embarassed of being sober, I was scared of being sober!!!

I drank so long that I did not know how to function sober, it scared me to get sober because everything I did involved drinking. What was I going to do sober?

Well it turns out that I am able to do everything I did while drinking sober, and I do it better sober then I did when I was drinking!! A really neat thing is now I remember everything I do sober and the memories are a whole lot better because none of those memories involve me falling down, or people looking at me like I was some kind of damn fool slurring my words, talking loud and making an ass out of myself!

The neatest thing is I can do ANYTHING I want to do sober! There are a lot of things one can not do when drinking.

I find passing out while friends and family are over a lot more embarassing then carrying on a sensible conversation with friends and family. I know my children find me far less embarrassing when thier friends come over sober then they did when I was drunk.

I found it embarassing waking up with a complete stranger in bed with me in a place that I had never been before. I have never done that sober.

I found it embarassing having handcuffs put on for a DUI, I have not had that happen while sober.

I have yet to be embarassed about being sober, I have been embarassed about being drunk!