View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
itisatruth

very long sorry

I do know what you mean. Those are drugs that affect the mind, and it shows in the change in personality. My AH gets very hostile when he takes the likes of ativan or clonezepam, and even lunesta sometimes. I thought about recording him also, but never did. I don't know if it would have made a difference. If they can't believe their own wives, what would it take?

I know what you mean about opiates too, at least for me it was more predictable, not like the pills. Does his doctor know he is abusing the meds? It took my H about a month to get off methadone, but I am wondering how long your husband's withdrawals should take.

Sorry that rehab isn't an option. I don't think rehab is a cure-all, but I did hope for you that it would help you to not have to be the one taking this all on by yourself.

(tried to make the next part short, but didn't quite work out so feel free to skip, I would forget about it if I could

You're right, it is nuts. Isn't it crazy what we do to .....help..? The day he tried to go to work was totally insane. I can't believe that it happened to me, to our lives. My mom was living with us at that time. Both of us had to stand in front of him to stop him. I got his keys by leading him to believe I would drive him to work. I drove him to the hospital instead. At the hospital, the meds had begun to wear off so they just basically said there was nothing they could do and sent us home. Outside, he wouldn't get in the car unless I let him drive which was totally out of the question. So guess what??? He freaking took off walking and left me there with the car. I tried following him and kept asking him to get in with me, but no luck. We live about 15 miles from the hospital, and he walked. At first, I tried following and watching to try to keep him safe. I did give up and went home. After hours I couldn't stand the worrying anymore and went to look for him. He had made it about 12 of the miles walking. He was still angry and had stopped at a store to get some liquor. So here he is walking with a paper bag full of alcohol, and I finally pass him on the side of the rode. We live in a rural area and it is a two lane road with no sidewalks. Now if this isn't already crazy enough, he still wouldn't get in the car unless I let him drive. Now, what should I have done...let him walk into the road and be killed? I figured it had been hours since he took the pills, the alcohol hadn't really been touched, and he seemed coherent, just really pissed. It was only a couple more miles home, it was late, and as I said it is rural so no people are around, so I figured IF something went wrong I could reach over and steer if I had to. Yes, I must have been very sick, but I let him drive and he did ok. His memory of it is only pieces here and there, basically he was in denial that it was that bad.

The drugs for w/d seem as damaging as the ones they are trying to get off. Regular mds don't know about them enough IMO to prescribe them properly.

It seems your H is determined to do what he wants to do, please do what you can for you, I wish you all the best,
hugs, rica