Thread: Screw up
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
timeforchange

Screw up

Surprise Surprise. I drank last night. And let me tell ya, I paid the ultimate price for it this morning--hangover from HELL. I mean, I don't remember EVER getting as sick I was today just from drinking. It was horrible. I couldn't do anything today but lay on the couch, and get up involuntarily to barf. My body was still trying to get rid of stuff that wasn't there. Yeah, dry heaving is always fun. I had to call my boyfriend finally, and he came home from work at 12 so he could help me with our daughter. Pathetic. I mean, if this isn't a sign that sobriety is what I need to stick with, then I don't know what is. It kinda makes things easier when I wake up feeling so awful, because I know I don't want to feel like that ever again.

The reason I even decided to drink last night, was because my friend wanted to hang out and drink. I was feeling kinda down about the fact that she's my best friend, and people suggest I get new (sober) friends. I dont want new friends, I want my same old friends. I think I was just rebelling against sobriety so I could hang out with her. I know I can't be around people who drink and expect myself to not drink. This part is going to be a huge struggle for me.

It had been almost 8 whole days without a drink, and I was drinking those beers so fast, and was already thinking about the other beer at my house, as I was finishing the beer I brought to my friends. I could just feel myself losing control with every sip. I didn't even think I was really drunk last night, but of course I was. I bet I drank 8 beers. Ugh.